Fred's World

Sunday, August 07, 2005

4x4 Bitch Session Part One

Yesterday, my owner and female companion felt compelled to make use of a rare Saturday in Wellington, where the sun was actually shining, by visiting the fur seals out at Red Rocks. Faithful as I am, I took them 95% of the way then they left me at the parking lot with all the other 2 wheel drives that couldn't make it any further. All they brought back was this photo of a seal to show me:

They came back happy to have seen the seals of course, but the whole experience was marred by some of my four-wheel drive counterparts. While I waited at the carpark, checking out the spoiler off a sexy WRX, some cars blessed with the ability to transmit power to all four wheels, were able to take their passengers all the way to see the seals. This is fine for all the lazy drivers who can't be bothered getting off their fat asses to walk a couple of hours, but what about the people who felt like a healthy, relaxing walk along the beach? Too bad for them. Instead they had to be constantly watching out for noisey, large, exhaust spewing vehicles, who's drivers drove like it's their beach and walkers should get out of their way. It was even worse and possibly dangerous for familes with children. It's not bad enough for them to be choking up our roads? Now they're taking over our beaches.


It makes me wonder if their motives are to give them a sense (albeit fake) of being out in nature, or as shallow as somehow rationalising their dumb purchase of a gas guzzling, dangerous, eyesore of a vehicle by taking it off a sealed road?

This was part one as I'm sure there will be more..

2 Comments:

  • Gidday Fred (high voice).
    I was just searching for info on time-travel in cyberspace when I happened to notice your own corner of the blogosphere. Sweet!
    Um.. do the seals have large talons?

    By Blogger Greame, at 12:55 pm  

  • So like have you had a good grease job lately? I can't believe its a talking car!!!? Do you know KIT? I heard Herbie is gay... that true?

    By Blogger Jimmy Jangles, at 4:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home